MPL welcomes visitors interested in gaining a broad overview of the many services, resources, and events the library has to offer. Tours are available free of charge, upon submission of the request form below. Please keep in mind:
- Tour requests must be submitted at least one week in advance. Availability of your requested date and time will depend on other tours scheduled for that day.
- All tour requests are subject to staff availability.
- Teachers, please obtain permission from your principal before confirming a tour date with the library.
- Tour group sizes are limited to 75 people for Children's Department tours, 40 people for Teen Department tours, and 40 people for adult tours. Size limits include teachers, parents and other chaperones.
- You will receive a phone call from a library staff member to approve and confirm the date, time, and size of your tour.
- Submitted requests are for a tour of the Main Library, 4001 N. 23rd St., McAllen. For tours of the Lark and Palm View Branch Libraries, please contact them directly.
- Please review the following documents before completing a tour request: Children's Tour Guidelines
Take a photo tour of the Main Library! Click on this slideshow to view the complete photo set: