Libraries Are For Everyone
McAllen Public Library strives to provide services and programs to all. We believe that each citizen has the right to what we can offer, and the outreach efforts we undertake help make us more accessible to individuals who may not be able to utilize our resources otherwise.
From school visits to community events, our outreach activities regularly take us beyond library walls, and we are always looking for new opportunities and partnerships to reach even more members of our community.
What We Do
- Info Sessions: MPL can provide mini-presentations to your students/ staff covering the services/ programs we provide.
- Parent/Meet the Teacher/Literacy Nights: MPL can set up at your school to provide information about our services and programs to your school’s community.
- Programs & Activities: MPL can provide a story hour/ activity for your students.
- Tabling: MPL can set up at your event to provide information about our services/ programs and/ or engage the community with a craft/ activity that pertains to your event’s theme.
Conventions and Festivals
- Demos and Tabling: MPL can set up at your event to provide 3D Printing or Virtual Reality demonstrations to the community & engage them further with a craft/ activity relating to your event’s theme or purpose.
- MPL’s Pop-Up Library service allows us to set up and provide information to the community about our services as well as create library cards, check out books, provide a story hour, and more.
If you are outside of the McAllen area, there’s no problem, we coordinate outreach events with communities and organizations outside of the city of McAllen as well. We are always happy to go out into the community and meet the individuals you serve.
Is your organization interested in working with MPL to provide library services, programs, or presentations at your next event?
Please fill out the outreach request form at the link below:
LIBRARY OUTREACH REQUEST FORM